Iowa Deer Hunts
Iowa is arguably the best state in North America for hunting huge, mature whitetails. Due to overall lack of pressure and no firearms season during the rut, Iowa produces more Boone and Crockett animals than any other state. All of the record book bucks are produced with one of the lowest number of hunters by state, meaning your chances here are better than anywhere in the world. Iowa also leads the world in agricultural production, therefore providing some of the best food and minerals available for the deer to reach their full potential.
Our minimum on bucks harvested in Iowa is 140” or 4 1/2 years old.
For more detailed information on each individual Iowa hunt, download our Iowa Information Sheet (PDF).
2017 Iowa Deer Hunting Packages
For Iowa license hunters must apply with IA DNR May 6, 2017 - June 4, 2016
- Archery Rut Hunt ($4,500) - October 29 - November 3 or November 5 - 10 or November 12 - 17
- Shotgun 1 ($5,000) - December 3 - 7
- Shotgun 2 ($4,500) - December 10 - 14
- Late Muzzleloader ($4,000.00) - January 5-10
* All hunts include lodging, meals, pre-hung stands, and transportation from lodge.
* To book a hunt within one year, a deposit of 50% is required. All balances are due by September 15th, the year of the hunt.
* To book a hunt over 1 year out, a $500.00 deposit is due, and the balance shall be brought up to 50% by February 1st, the year the hunt is to take place. The balance is then due September 15th, the year of the hunt.
* All deposits are non-refundable. If notification is supplied in writing a minimum of 90 days in advance of hunt, deposit may be transferred to another hunt within 24 months.